Make this main dish a fun "self assembly" for the whole family.
Serves: As desired
Cook Time: 1 Hour
- Desired number of potatoes
- Coconut or Olive Oil
- (Below ingredients are required per potato)
- 1/3 - 1/2 CUP hot pasta sauce or Saucy Spaghetti Sauce (previous recipe)
- 1 TBSP chopped onion or green onion
- 2 chopped or sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/8 CUP (2 TBSP) chopped green pepper
- Italian Seasoning and/or basil leaves
- 1 TBSP sliced ripe olives (from 2.25 oz. can, drained)
- 1/8 CUP (2 TBSP) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 TSP Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Wash and dry potatoes for baking.
- Oil skins with coconut or olive oil (softens the skins).
- Place potatoes directly on shelf in the oven; bake for 30 minutes.
- Pierce through skin into centers with fork to release steam; this prevents potato from bursting or cracking open.
- Bake 30 minutes longer, or until tender when a fork is inserted in center.
- Serve all topping ingredients buffet style.
- Slit baked potatoes lengthwise, but not quite through. Squeeze ends toward the center to fluff up. After each person selects topping ingredients, reheat in oven briefly to melt the cheese, if desired.
||8 OZ potato (with skin)
||+12 g (15%)||5 g (13%)||58 g (52%)||6 g|