1 minute reading time
Rainbow Chiffon Jello Cubes
Have fun making and eating this using unsweetened frozen
fruit juice! Use 100% juice. Use any available flavor you like.
Prep Time: 8
Cook Time: 8
- 2 envelopes (4 tsp) unflavored gelatin
cup cold filtered water
1/8 cups filtered water
oz. can of unsweetened frozen grape juice concentrate
- In saucepan, whisk gelatin into water; let stand to soften for 1 minute; dissolve over moderate low hear for about 3 minutes; stirring constantly
- Place in blender; puree thoroughly for about 30 seconds.
- Pour into a lightly buttered 8" or 9" square bake pan
- Chill until set. Foamy light colored jello will rise to the top, while darker, clearer jello will remain on the bottom for a two-toned effect.
- Cut cubes with a sharp knife, 8x8
- Gently lift out cubes with metal spatula or pancake turner. Fill individual dessert dishes.
- For clear and dark plain jello cubes without the light colored chiffon effect and texture, do not puree ingredients in the blender.
- Mix cubes with whipped cream