Lasagna is a favorite dish for everyone,but quite heavy made with whole grain lasagna noodles. Try this version without the pasta. It's refreshing and a great company dish!
Serves: 6 to 8
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
- 1 head fresh spinach, steamed, drained, chopped
- 1 TBSP coconut or olive oil
- 1/2 CUP chopped onion
- 1 CUP diced carrots
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 CUP fresh mushrooms, sliced (add last minute or two)
- 2 CUP pasta or spaghetti sauce (commercial brand or recipe)
- 2.25 OZ can sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 1/2 TSP oregano leaves
- 1 TSP basil leaves
- 6 CUP thin unpeeled zucchini slices (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 CUP grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 CUP grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 CUP lowfat or 4% fat cottage cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 CUP Parmesan cheese
- Sauté onion. carrot, mushrooms, and garlic in oil until just tender.
- Blend spinach, olives, sauce, oregano, and basil into sautéed vegetables and simmer a few minutes.
- While sauce simmers prepare zucchini and cheddar and mozzarella cheeses.
- Blend cottage cheese, eggs, and parmesan cheese together in a separate bowl.
- Layer ingredients in lightly greased 9" x 13" pan, in two layers: zucchini, cottage cheese mixture, spinach, grated cheese, sauce.
- Bake uncovered at 375° in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
||1 of 8
||+13 g (27%)||9 g (43%)||14 g (29%)||4 g|